Monday, April 21, 2014

Let's love ourselves!


We all have those moments, days or even years when we're not our favorite people.  We seize to be a priority but, let's face it!  We are the most important people in our lives.  If I didn't exist, my children wouldn't have a parent.  Though they are very important, I am MOST important.  If I'm going to take care of them and protect them well into adulthood I should take care of myself and that all begins with loving myself.

I didn't always realize this.  I was too busy being wife, mom, teacher, student, daughter, sister.  For about 5 years I was just too busy taking care of other people.  I had two kids and had gained something like 60 pounds!  I went in for my yearly check up and complained about my knee.  My doctor's answer was that I was just too heavy for my frame.  I decided to lose weight.  By walking, running and doing Insanity I did lose all that weight and was back to my normal weight and a size six when...

SURPRISE!  I was pregnant again and this time, haha I gained 80 lbs.  I thought I'd never get back to anywhere near a size 6 but two years later I was!  I was running longer and faster too.  Exercise helped me through a really difficult three years.  


It wasn't just the weight that I'd put on, I went through a divorce.  I was determined to stay positive and strong throughout.  We all know exercise boosts the happy hormones!  Running and Les Mills Combat are still my go-to feel better workouts.  I am now in year three of my fit for life journey and I have surpassed my size 6 jean size goal!  I just ran my first half marathon too!  What is most important to me is that my children and I are living happy, healthy lives.  We eat clean, we all run and we take good care of ourselves.  

I didn't do it all by myself the second time around.  When I felt stuck I did reach out to my Beachbody coach.  It was a wonderful, worthwhile investment.  She placed me in a challenge group and I had support and someone that I could connect with - even at 4 am!  It's the only time I've to work out but my friends were online and expecting me to check in.  It was a great motivating factor.  If you're stuck or just need a lil push...it may be what works for you and I'm here to help you out!   :)



No comments:

Post a Comment